As a licensed Class III dealer and manufacturer we can provide for you transfers, short barrel rifles and conversions, and sales for unique Class III weaponry. Please contact us to find the right prescription for your Class III needs.
Custom Short Barrel Rifles
D9Firearms is a licensed Class III manufacturer. We offer existing lower conversion and registration and complete SBR rifles. The benefit of using a D9Firearms registered lower you're not required to engrave your personal or trust information on the rifle. We can build most configurations in the 556, 9mm, 300BO, and 308W.Contact us for your next SBR.
Lower receiver conversion - $300 (includes: Form 2, Engraving, Form 4 e-file, $200 tax stamp)
As an NFA dealer we assist our clients with locating and transferring machine guns. When handling machine gun transfers we generaly break the weapon down to the registered component. This allows us to minimize storage requirements and better protect your investment.
Machine Gun Transfer - $150
We specialize in custom AR platforms, including the AR 15 and the AR 10. If you require specialized weaponry for your distinct needs, please contact us to see what we can deliver for you.
Custom AR-10/LR-308 & AR-15: By D9Firearms.com Mfr.
At D9Firearms.com Mfr. our passion is custom building AR-10/LR-308 and AR-15 platform rifles. Our rifles start with stainless steel match grade blanks from several premium manufacturers including: Broughton, Shilen, and Bartlien which are the heart and soul of our rifles. Our barrels are professionally finished and chambered exclusively by Craddock Precision. Our barrel contours are designed for urban conflicts, hunting, sniper applications, target shooting, general mayhem suppression and zombie depopulation. We maintain an inventory of finished barrels in multiple calibers (223 Wylde, 243Win, 260Rem, 6.5 Creedmore, and 308Win), lengths, and contours.
When designing your custom AR our first objective is to determine your primary shooting application requirements and select a barrel. Next we select an appropriate trigger to fit your shooting preference. Then we match your shooting style with an appropriate stock, grip, and forearm.
Additional services we offer for your custom rifle is optics, mounting, bore sighting, and range testing. We also offer custom ammunition for personal defense, target shooting, hunting, and zombies.
Below is a description of the products we have found that offer the most reliability and when combined provide the look, feel, and operation of a battle ready precision rifle.
There are two types of receivers available, billet and forged. The billet receiver is machined from a solid block of aircraft aluminum and the forged is a cast receiver. The billet has cleaner lines and generally come as a matched set for a tighter fit.(Billet cost approximately 40% more than forged.)
We stock receivers from:
- DPMS - LR-308
- JD Machine LR-308/AR-15
- Stag, Spikes, DPMS, Anderson and others as availability permits - AR-15
NOTE: AR-10/LR-308 receivers are not mil-spec and do not interchange with other receivers.
- Tactical Sniper (TS) – The TS contour has a 20” OAL with a .93 dia. main body, .875 dia. rifle length gas., 87 dia. to the muzzle, and weighs 3.75lbs. This contour offers a solid balanced feel. Excellent for target and sniper applications, and eliminating threats from Somali pirates.
- Tactical Sniper (TS) – The TS contour has a 20” OAL with a .93 dia. main body, .875 dia. rifle length gas.,87 dia. to the muzzle, full length double(12) fluting, and weighs 3.25lbs. This contour offers an evenly balanced feel without the weight of a bull barrel. Excellent for target and sniper applications, eliminating threats from Somali pirates, and can be used effectively for hunting.
- Tactical Sniper Midlenth (TS-M) – The TS-M contour has a 18” OAL with a .93 dia. main body, .875 dia. mid-length gas., 87 dia. to the muzzle, full length double(12) fluting, and weighs 3.00lbs. This contour offers an evenly balanced feel without the weight of a bull barrel. Excellent for urban defensive applications(driveby gang bangers, NLN’s, BFS’s, NBP’s), and can be used effectively for hunting.
- Tactical Sniper Compact (TS-C) – The TS-C contour has a 16” OAL with a .93 dia. main body, .875 dia. mid-length gas., 87 dia. to the muzzle, full length double(12) fluting, and weighs 2.75lbs. This contour offers a stout compact evenly balanced feel without the weight of a bull barrel. Excellent for short to midrange rapid sniper (squirters and skinnies) engagements, and can be used effectively for hunting and rabid zombie assaults.
- Urban Assault or Special Purpose Rifle (SPR) – The SPR contour has a 16” & 18" OAL with a .88 dia. main body, .75 dia. mid-length gas., 74 dia. to the muzzle, and weighs 2.75lbs. Excellent for close to short range urban conflicts, hunting, free hand shots at static and dynamic targets, and very effective for suppressing restless natives, squirters, skinnies,and zombies.
Barrel Blank Twist:
- 30cal Broughton blanks have 1:10 5C Button Rifle (tripple stress relieved)
- 30cal Bartlein blanks have 1:11.27 5R twist rifle cut
- 26cal Bartlenn blanks have 1:8 5R twist rifle cut
- 30cal Shilen blanks 1:10 twist rifle cut
- 26cal Shilen blanks 1:8 twist rifle cut
- 20cal Montanna blanks 1:8 twist button rifle
- On AR-10/LR-308 barrels with a rifle length gas system our barrels are cut to DPMS measurement (This is approximately 3/8” shorter than the Armalite and therefore a rifle length forearm will cover the gas tube to the gas block.)
- All AR-10/LR-308 barrels have a DPMS barrel extension. The barrel can be retrofitted to either Armalite or DPMS platforms.
- All barrel muzzles are threaded for 5/8x24 TPI.
- All 308W are match chambered and will shoot 7.62 or 308Win. and most mil surplus and steel case cartridges
- All 223 are Wylde chambered and will shoot 556 or 223.
300BO Available in: SPR-8 & SPR-14.5
223 Wylde Available in: SPR-10.5, SPR-14.5, SPR-16, SPR-18
243W Available in: SPR-18
223 Wylde Available in: TS-18 and TS-20
308W Available in: TS-18 and TS-20
260Rem Available in: TS-20 and TS-22
6.5 Available in: TS-20 and TS-22
243 Available in: TS-20
Selecting a trigger is as important as selecting the right barrel and will make a difference in how the shooter performs. There are basically two styles of triggers for the AR; single stage and two stage. The single stage triggers will generally have a crisp break in the 3.5lb range, this about the least amount of pull without having the trigger become unreliable. The two-stage has a heavier pull on the first stage around 4.5lbs but offers a clean pull and breaks on the second the stage 2.5lb or less. (Adjustable two stage triggers can be safely adjusted to half of these values.)
We recommend the following triggers:
- Giessele Two Stage DMR/Match – This trigger has a fully adjustable engagement, 1st stage pull weight, and second stage pull weight. (We usually set the first stage at 2.5lb and the 2nd stage at 1.5lb.) Excellent choice for sniper and target applications.
- Giessele SSA-E Two Stage – This is a non-adjustable two stage trigger. Excellent for most applications.
- Giessele 3 Gun Enhanced – This trigger has a short pull and quick reset. This trigger has the shortest pull and fastest reset. (It’s been timed to deliver 450rpm.). Excellent choice for the Urban Assault rifles.
- Wilson Combat Single Stage - This is a single stage drop in trigger that offers a very crisp single stage operation. Excellent for target and sniper applications.
- Wilson Combat Two Stage - This is a two stage drop in trigger that offers a clean 1st stage and crisp second stage. Excellent for target and sniper applications
Choosing a stock depends on the primary application. If the primary shooting position is on a bench or prone position then a fixed stock is preferred. For lighter faster moving applications (UA or TS-M/L) a 6 position collapsible stock is better.
We recommend the following:
- Magpul PRS – This stock is excellent for bench or prone shooting. It has an adjustable cheek riser and pull and a monopod can be added for rear elevation adjustment.
- Magpul CTR – This is a light weight 6 position with locking latch to prevent stock rattle. It comes in commercial and mil-spec. (We generally provide mil-spec unless it’s on a retrofit. There is no operational difference and uses the same buffer and spring. This only affects the choice of receiver extensions.)
- VltorEmod – This is a medium weight 6 position stock. It has a “V” shape stock that offers excellent cheek weld. The stock also has two dry storage compartments for batteries and bullets as well as another compartment for repair parts.
We only use free float aluminum forearms for our custom rifles. We generally stay with round forearms that offer individual picatinny rails that can be installed to meet the shooters requirements. This keeps unnecessary weight off the rifle and offers a more comfortable fit when shooting freehand.
We recommend the following:
- Apex Machine (308)
- Troy Industries – TRX Extreme (308)
- Samson - Evolution (556)
- Yankee Hill Machine
- JD Machine (308)
- Midwest Industries (556)
We offer grips from Ergo and Magpul the only two we find suitable for our rifles. Ergo offers a rubberized “suregrip” in a slim (tactical) and deluxe (has a palm swell). Magpul offers the hard plastic MIAD grip.
All of our barrels are threaded to common TPI for the specific caliber. Depending on the use we offer a variety of muzzle attachments:
For barrel or complete rifle finishes we use a couple of different local vendors depending on the finish. This work needs to be completed prior to the rifle being assembled. The common barrel finish is a duracoat or bead blast. For a complete rifle finish hydrodipping is becoming more popular. We can have your barrel or rifle finished.
We can provide optics from most manufacturers and mount, align, and bore site them. For mounts an extra-high mount is required. For mounts we recommend the following:
Each rifle we build is tested prior to delivery. The test consists of an operational 20rd test. If optics are ordered with the rifle we will include the site-in as part of the operational test.
Please contact us for a quote. Please contact us here at D9Firearms to discuss your next AR-10.
We provide our customers with FFL transfer services. Contact us so that we can provide your transferee the proper paperwork to facilitate your FFL transfer smoothly.
We accept firearms transfers from all FFL dealers and individuals. When accepting a transfer from a dealer we require an email or hard copy of the dealer's FFL. When accepting a transfer from an individual in state or out of state we require a copy of the individuals drivers license. Without this information it will cause a delay in the transfer.
FFL Transfer Fees:
- Single Firearm: $20.
- Multiple Long Guns: $20 + $10 per additional item.
- Multiple Handguns: $30 + $10 per additional item of more than two.
NFA Transfer Fees:
- Suppressor or Short Barrel Rifle: $75
- Machine Guns: $150 (We will only keep the registered portion of the gun to minimize space)
If you have a felony conviction or domestic issue on record please do not have a firearm transferred to us until you have confirmed you can pass a NICS background check. Additionally, if you're a crackhead, gang banger, car jacker, pedophile, baggage screener, or some other reprobate DON'T contact us for anything.